Your application essay is a unique opportunity to convince the Admissions Committee that you perfectly suit the educational program at your chosen college or university. The application essay writing is a way you can demonstrate that you not only have academic achievement, but also are able to participate in social activities and student organizations. The aim of this work is to prove that you are worthy of the other candidates. These are the most important steps that will help you to learn what to write in your application paper.
- Your essay should tell the Admissions Committee what they will not know about you after reading your resume. There is no need to repeat what you have written in your application form.
- It is necessary to start writing the paper from the end. In this case you will precisely determine what argument you want to say in the end of the work. Having written the body of the paper you may compose the introductory part so that the application essay does not differ from what you have written in the conclusion.
- You need to attract the attention of the Admissions Committee from the very beginning of the paper describing a situation that influenced your decision to study at this educational institution.
- Find the reason this college or university needs you. Prove you opinion and provide the arguments that make you different from others.
- Add several interesting details about yourself to make your application essay memorable. Besides, try to rich your writing style with new phrases. Look in the dictionary - there can be interesting words that you know but have forgotten.
- It is better to write a separate work for each institution you are going to enter. Writing one standard paper makes you just one more candidate among many others. A successful application paper always contains several reasons why you consider this particular university to be the best choice for you.
- It is necessary to begin you application work in advance. In this case you may write the first draft, leave it for a while and then return to it with fresh ideas. Besides, it will be easier for you to find spelling and grammar errors and remove them.
Remember that the main purpose of a successful application writing is the ability to develop the idea showing your aspiration to be accepted. Use recommendations above to make your application successful. Applying these simple steps you will make your paper attractive and interesting to read.
See also our admission essay writing guide.